Information about: Financial Accountant - Junior in Madrid
Company looking for Financial Accountant - Junior
About the job offer: Financial Accountant - Junior
Offer description MISSION AND OBJECTIVES:
- Financial Accountants are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the general ledgers for the entities under their responsibility. When applicable, they coordinate review and potential adjustments with other teams.
- The will have to ensure quality of data for all Reporting streams and be in charge of performing adjustments with needed in the General ledger.
- They will be also involved in project resulting in the implementation of accounting system or new processes for the products under team responsibility.
Accounting & Control Functions:
- Perform month-end financial closing for their entities, Prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
- Prepare and book daily/monthly entries as necessary.
- Review daily transactional account for posting errors and back-value transactions and Review ledgers and perform account and transaction analysis.
- Analyze, reconcile, and review all accounts under their responsibility by performing variance analysis, highlighting trends, and following up on questions/ concerns.
- Provide assistance in responding to questions from the external auditors, Operations, and other support groups by :
- Ensuring prompt resolution and follow-up of questions / requests for information.
- Escalating problems / issues to the head.
- Providing quality service to other teams.
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements:
- Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
- Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility.
- Observe the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Provide reporting coverage by:
- Learning the reports, tasks and requirements of the person they are backing up.
- Training his back-up on the preparation of the reports and tasks under his responsibility.
- Participate in staff development and evaluation, as well as staffing operational process (recruiting, hiring, and training). Help ensure that staff’s skills and competencies can
support reporting requirements.
- Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
Applicant description Training and occupational experience:
- Accounting degree from a reputable university.
- Minimum 1years of financial and/or management accounting experience (internship), preferably within Financial Services Industries.
- Basic Corporate Banking product knowledge desirable.
Essential specific requirements:
- Working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, both in IFRS and French GAAP (an asset) as well as regulatory and tax accounting rules and regulations.
- Excellent Excel skills (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF).
- Ability to learn new systems and products quickly.
Skills and behaviours:
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment